Hey guys! I don’t usually break the fifth wall – you know how much I love writing a story and just putting it out there. Without commentary, without introduction.
But I’d love to hear more from all of you! So I thought I would share a list of my top ten favorite books, and then ask you to comment and share your favorites! I’d love to read them. 😀
Here are mine:
- Pride and PrejudiceThe best written love story of all time!
- The Great GatsbyThe imagery of the green light, the eyes of Dr. Eckelburg, and the ridiculous pomp of Gatsby’s parties will never cease haunting me.
- The Little PrinceLook up at the stars – and believe!
- Go Set a WatchmanWho knew I would like the sequel even better than the first? Harper Lee never disappoints!
- The Lord of the RingsArguably the most influential book of my childhood.
- Tenant of Wildfell HallThough I love all the Brontes, this is my very favorite!
- The Picture of Dorian GrayWith his masterful portrayal of characters, his societal wit, and his flair for the dramatic, Wilde paints a word picture of Dorian Gray!
- Through the Looking-GlassAgain, a sequel I love even better than the original! The White Knight, the Red Queen, and the boating sheep – I love them all! And Alice the most.
- HamletThe greatest ghost story – if not the greatest story – of all time.
- Winnie-the-PoohMy favorite book of childhood – and all these years later, it does not disappoint! The veins of wit, humor, subtle characterization, and innate understanding of childhood simplicity that run like a tapestry all through are utterly charming, funny, and nostalgic!
Tell me about your favorite books! Which of the above did you read? Did you like them? I’d love to hear!
Get your free book of Poetry from The Fairy Tale Blog
Curl up beside the fire-side with a few poems of Wonderous Pain, a pdf collection of healing poetry.
Available for a limited time, so get it now!