Hey guys! I don’t usually break the fifth wall – you know how much I love writing a story and just putting it out there. Without commentary, without introduction.
But I’d love to hear more from all of you! So I thought I would share a list of my top ten favorite books, and then ask you to comment and share your favorites! I’d love to read them. 😀
Here are mine:
- Pride and PrejudiceThe best written love story of all time!
- The Great GatsbyThe imagery of the green light, the eyes of Dr. Eckelburg, and the ridiculous pomp of Gatsby’s parties will never cease haunting me.
- The Little PrinceLook up at the stars – and believe!
- Go Set a WatchmanWho knew I would like the sequel even better than the first? Harper Lee never disappoints!
- The Lord of the RingsArguably the most influential book of my childhood.
- Tenant of Wildfell HallThough I love all the Brontes, this is my very favorite!
- The Picture of Dorian GrayWith his masterful portrayal of characters, his societal wit, and his flair for the dramatic, Wilde paints a word picture of Dorian Gray!
- Through the Looking-GlassAgain, a sequel I love even better than the original! The White Knight, the Red Queen, and the boating sheep – I love them all! And Alice the most.
- HamletThe greatest ghost story – if not the greatest story – of all time.
- Winnie-the-PoohMy favorite book of childhood – and all these years later, it does not disappoint! The veins of wit, humor, subtle characterization, and innate understanding of childhood simplicity that run like a tapestry all through are utterly charming, funny, and nostalgic!
Tell me about your favorite books! Which of the above did you read? Did you like them? I’d love to hear!